The idea that you need psychological therapy may seem overwhelming, however it can be the first step to a process of learning how to more assertively cope with your feelings and thoughts, and implement meaningful and long-lasting changes. An opportunity to make sense of your unique experience, allowing you to learn, grow and embrace life in a more fulfilling manner:
- Where emotional pain can be an opportunity for forgiveness and freeing yourself from internal judgment;
- A separation can be an opportunity for self-reflection and a more meaningful relationship with the self and others;
- Anxiety or depression can be leveraged to become life enhancing experiences;
- Adversity/crisis can be the route to personal transformation, healing and growth.
This process is experience in a safe and non-judgemental space where we can collaboratively explore your difficulties, enabling your vulnerabilities and freedom of expression to take place, whilst encouraging your self-connection/acceptance, therefore your self-potential.
The theoretical framework that inform my practice is integrative, including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic/Psychoanalytic approaches, Person-Centered/Humanistic therapy, and “Third Wave” approaches such as Mindfulness and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT).
Within this theoretical framework, I embrace a holistic perspective to your mental health, meaning that we will consider whether your socio-cultural context (values, beliefs, practices, socio-economic status) may be shaping your perception of and/or your way of coping with your difficulties.
Sessions are tailored to individual needs as everyone is unique and needs to be understood in their own context.
I offer psychological therapy in English and Spanish (ver página en Español).
In view of the unforeseen circumstances, presently I am only offering psychological support via Skype, Zoom and phone sessions.
Issues that I work with include, but are not limited to:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and trauma
- Personality disorders (BPD)
- Relationship issues ((intimate/loving, parents/son/daughter, friends, work)
- Anxiety (panic, general anxiety, health, OCD, phobias)
- Depression (bipolar, postnatal, SAD)
- Gender and identity
- Cross-cultural issues
- Stress (work-related, financial, illness)
- Body image
- Sleep difficulties
- Loneliness & disconnection
- Chronic pain
For an appointment please refer to the contact page
Contact me to discuss how I can help you.
Read more about sessions/fees and locations